[Kde-accessibility] ANNOUNCE: AT-SPI2 1.91.90 released

Mike Gorse mgorse at alum.wpi.edu
Tue Feb 22 18:08:10 CET 2011

AT-SPI2 1.91.90 is now available for download at:

http://download.gnome.org/sources/pyatspi/1.91/
http://download.gnome.org/sources/at-spi2-core/1.91/
http://download.gnome.org/sources/at-spi2-atk/1.91/

Notes
=====

The --enable-relocate option has been removed.  It was only intended as a
temporary hack to simplify testing, was hard to set up, and seemed to cause
problems (ie, BGO#641869).  Distributions that still package AT-SPI-CORBA may
want to mark it as conflicting with AT-SPI2.

A list of work required before the full release can be found at:

http://www.a11y.org/d-bus

What's changed in AT-SPI2 1.91.90
===============================

* [core/ATK] BGO#641164: Fixed several build errors.

* [core/ATK] Fixed some memory leaks and possible crashes.

* [core/pyatspi] Some selection fixes.

* [core] Fixed wrong introspection information in some places.

* [all] BGO#641869: Removed the --enable-relocate option.

* [core] Avoid returning uninitialized data on error for some methods.

* [core/atk] Use the new GSettings key to test that accessibility is enabled.

* [core] Change some enums from 16-bit to 32-bit to match spec.

* [atk] Fix for BGO#641338: Avoid crashing when unable to listen for p2p
   connections.

* [atk] Set /tmp/at-spi2 to be world-writable.

* [pyatspi] Refactor EditableText so that text methods can be called from it.

* [pyatspi] Make state accessible through pyatspi.constants.

What is AT-SPI2
===============

AT-SPI2 is a D-Bus based accessibility framework. It defines a D-Bus
protocol for providing and accessing application accessibility
information. The project includes a library for bridging the D-Bus
protocol to the ATK API, allowing Gtk based applications to be made
accessible. It also contains a client (AT) side library in Python.

Where can I get more information about AT-SPI2

The project wiki is available at:

http://www.a11y.org/d-bus

How can I contribute to AT-SPI2?
================================

We are actively seeking contributors to help us make this the standard
a11y framework for Gnome. We need help testing with Gnome accessibility
technologies, improving performance, and generally tying up loose ends.
The above-referenced page contains a list of known issues that should be
fixed.

IRC   : #a11y on Gimpnet
E-Mail: accessibility-atspi at lists.linux-foundation.org

Development repositories can be found at:

git://git.gnome.org/pyatspi2
git://git.gnome.org/at-spi2-core
git://git.gnome.org/at-spi2-atk