[Kde-accessibility] What should a distribution for better accessibility support in KDE 4

Maciej Pilichowski bluedzins at wp.pl
Sat Jul 3 18:09:14 CEST 2010

On Saturday 03 July 2010 15:02:22 Ozan Çağlayan wrote:

Ozan, unless stated otherwise please do not CC to posters. Thank you.

> On 03.07.2010 16:00, Maciej Pilichowski wrote:
> > On Saturday 03 July 2010 14:18:30 Ozan Çağlayan wrote:
> >> I'd like to discuss what a KDE distribution should do in terms
> >> of packaging and integration for giving a better accessibility
> >> experience to the users.
>
> "The KDE Accessibility Project is a small on-line community of
> developers and other volunteers dedicated to ensure that our
> favorite desktop is accessible to all users, including those of us
> with physical handicaps."
>
> So I think you misunderstood the whole question ;)

In what way?

Keeping regressions out of KDE, and keeping the old A11Y programs from
KDE3 until KDE4 counterparts appear is somehow unrelated to your
question? If yes, please explain your question.

IMHO it is better to provide packages for KDE consisting of _the best_
programs available even _if_ it would mean using KDE3 programs. It is
better to make working smooth for the user than keeping the KDE
doctrine "pure".

Cheers,