[Kde-accessibility] What should a distribution for better accessibility support in KDE 4

Maciej Pilichowski bluedzins at wp.pl
Sat Jul 3 15:00:24 CEST 2010

On Saturday 03 July 2010 14:18:30 Ozan Çağlayan wrote:

> I'd like to discuss what a KDE distribution should do in terms of
> packaging and integration for giving a better accessibility
> experience to the users.

Unfortunaly not too much, I think you can only filter "progress" of
KDE meaning comparing version X with version X+1 and if older version
works better, keeping version X.

In other words you should pay a lot of attention to regressions. I
know it should be part of KDE, but it is not. That's fact.

More generally it would be wise to rethink "KDE/Gnome distribution"
concept. Is it better for user to use some crippled program because
it is from KDE, or include some Gnome stuff because it is better.
  For example I was lately struck by comparing Gnome and KDE file
dialog. I didn't realize how Gnome FD is comfortable till Firefox
started to use KDE version (on my computer).

Just for the record: I am KDE 3.5.10 user, with quite some programs
from KDE4 and Gnome, and I am considering switching to Gnome.

Cheers,