[Kde-accessibility] Re: mono icons

Nuno Pinheiro nuno at oxygen-icons.org
Wed Dec 22 18:19:40 CET 2010

A Quarta, 22 de Dezembro de 2010 16:16:10 Jeremy Whiting você escreveu:
> Nuno, All,
>
> I'd like to start a discussion about what the purpose/use/usefulness of the
> contents of kdeaccessibility/IconThemes/mono is.  I've heard Nuno say on
> irc in the past that they are not very accessible as icons go, but I could
> be mistaken.  Anyway, thoughts anyone?
>
> Regards,
> Jeremy
>
> P.S. please CC Nuno, as he's not on the list.

Bfffffffff this would be a huge talk, not sure we want to have it... I meen is
any icon accessible????

probably, yes, but wen we have over 2000 action icons in kde any atempt to
make them simple, monocromatic, accessible, cooerent, undestandable, and
recognizable will probably fail.... I know no big theme of monocromatic icons
that achive all of the above requierements.

The frist thing you should know about icons is that more important than its
readability, is its reconizability..... the area of your brain that deals with
recognition is way faster than the reading area. and thats the reason people
like icons its faster to find an reconizable image that a piece of text.

But this would be a long long long talk.

--
oxygen guy, "I make the pretty pictures"