[Kde-accessibility] Is the KDE accessibility project dead?

Mark Doffman mark.doffman at codethink.co.uk
Wed May 27 09:12:31 CEST 2009

Hi Charlie,

> Hi, I was wondering if the KDE accessibility project dead? For years I have
> checked the progress of accessibility for KDE and haven't seen much progress
> for a few years. Is there any work on a screen read similar to Orca in the
> works? Thank you.
> Charlie

As far as I'm concerned the project isn't dead. My aim at least is to be
able to use Orca itself on KDE, rather than write a whole new screen-reader.

My Qt to AT-SPI D-Bus work can be found at
git://doffman.com/qspiaccessiblebridge. Its at an admittedly early
stage, but its getting constant attention. Any help gratefully received,
especially from those with more Qt experience than I.

For AT-SPI D-Bus information go to:

http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/Accessibility/ATK/AT-SPI/AT-SPI_on_D-Bus

Thanks

Mark