[Kde-accessibility] does KDE support plasma monitors with touching sensors or tablet device?

Mgr. Janusz Chmiel chmiel at phil.muni.cz
Sun Feb 22 16:14:01 CET 2009

Dear core developers of KDE

    I would like to ask You, if KDE desktop environment support monitor equipped with touching sensors? And second question

Does KDE support tablet devices?

    If not, do You know about other desktop environment, which could support this devices? Or this is very, very complex programmers task to support those devices, so those devices are only supported by commercial operating systems?

    I Am giving You this question, because physically impaired people are sometimes only able to move with one finger and with one hand, and monitor with touching sensors can enable them to navigate The desktop.

If KDE can support those devices, please give me detailed instruction, which icon or menu item must be used for accessing KDE setup for those devices.

I will try to ask core developers of KDE live CDS for questions, which tablet and which model of monitor with touching sensors can be used, because drivers must be awailable for those devices.

Thank You very much for Your ansvers.

The kindness regards.

Janusz Chmiel MGR.