[Kde-accessibility] System tray with a keyboard?

Sebastian Sauer mail at dipe.org
Mon Mar 10 18:12:26 CET 2008

Dotan Cohen wrote:

> How can I access the system tray application with the keyboard? I
> sometimes need to open Amarok or Kopete, which sit in the system tray
> but not in the task bar so I cannot Alt-Tab into them. Right-clicking
> the KPowerSave icon to suspend to RAM is something that I'd like to be
> able to do with the keyboard as well.

Open "System Settings" and choose there under "Keyboard and Mouse"
the "Keyboard Shortcuts" (in KControl it's under "Regional & Accessibility").
There you are able to define Command Shortcuts for Applications. If you assign
e.g. F1 to Amarok then pressing F1 will either start and show the Amarok
window or if already started and hidden e.g. in the systray, bring it to
front.