[Kde-accessibility] [kde-accessibility] state of KDE accessibility?

Sebastian Sauer mail at dipe.org
Fri Jun 13 04:10:27 CEST 2008

aerospace1028 at hotmail.com wrote:

> Greetings,
> I'm interested in the current state of accessibility features in KDE;
> particularly ktts?  I have recently started exploring Ubuntu with the orca
> screen-reader.  From what I gather off the gnome-orca and
> ubuntu-accessibility lists KDE-accessibility isn't as far along as it is
> for gnome.  I am interested in if ktts is progressed far enough that I
> could experiment with it in kubuntu (or any other KDE desktop
> environment)?  If so, how do I go about getting started? and if not,
> what's the projected development look like?

http://labs.trolltech.com/page/Projects/Accessibility/QDBusBridge is probably
what will/can be used here and since all QWidget's and from it inherited
widgets support it already (see also
http://doc.trolltech.com/main-snapshot/accessible.html ) it shouldn't be that
big deal once Orca is accessible via dbus :)