[Kde-accessibility] ssml support

rafael vetrone rvetrone at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 14:09:15 CEST 2008

Hello, I want to include SSML support in an text-to-speech software,
currently it accepts only pure text with a few variations (rate for
instance). But I'm having a lot of difficulty in thinking how to implement a
parser for ssml, I'm thinking of Lex and Yacc but that might be an overkill,
Isn't there anything simpler?. I cant' find anywhere a detailed document
with lexical and sinthatic rules for ssml (like the ones for simplified
pascal that computer science students experiment with in computation theory
and compilers classes). Can anyone give me a hint on how to implement a
parser for ssml? I would be grateful
P.S.: I work at a brazilian company called C.P.q.D., here we have a tts
system with natural voice systhesis (portugese and spanish currently) but
its lacking support to ssml, here is the link (in portuguese)
https://www.cpqd.com.br/textofala/telefonia/index.htm