[Kde-accessibility] how blue must blue be for blue-on-yellow color scheme?

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Thu Jan 24 20:24:07 CET 2008

On Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 03:41:47PM +0000, DAVID KNIGHT wrote:
> Last year I installed several linux boxes in the local blind centre
> with the large yellow on blue a11y theme. The overwhelming response
> from all users was that the contrast was poor.

well, to be blunt, target group completely missed. i don't think many
people with red-green colorblindness consider themselves blind or even
in need of special care. in fact, many of those less impaired (which
constitute ~80% of the ~5% affected) don't even realize they are impaired
at all until some "key event".

hmm, we must be doing something wrong - with every 20th male being
affected, we should have at least 10 active kde devels we can ask, even
if our group is biased towards non-affected people ...

Confusion, chaos, panic - my work here is done.