[Kde-accessibility] [Kde-games-devel] Bomberman

Tue Aug 12 17:40:56 CEST 2008

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 16:50, Karl Ove Hufthammer <karl at huftis.org> wrote:

>> That is what I meant. Afaik, there are several, now. As I said,
>> I don't think game sprites are bound by any palette unless they
>> try to blend in with a specific theme anyway, though.
>
> But shouldn't the default theme of kdegames games preferably at
> least try to blend in with the the default theme of KDE (similar
> to the way they try blend in with other official KDE apps, e.g.,
> menu and dialogue design)?

Yes, they should. I doubt this can be done by sticking to the
palette in all cases, though. Bomberman is a perfect example.

>> If there is a Oxygen and a Plastik theme for KDE 4.2 and a
>> Oxygen and a Plastik theme for KGreatGame and the user did
>> _not_ specify a preferred theme, shouldn't the game theme
>> switch over when the KDE theme is changed from Oxygen to
>> Plastik?
>
> Yes, I very much think so. This would be even more important
> for themes such as the high-contrast/B&W theme, which is meant
> to be used for visually impaired users. If the user uses this
> theme, I think both colours, icons and artwork in games should
> use a similar high-contrast/simple/B&W look.

Yes.

> Though, IMHO, there really should be a wizard for this type
> of stuff in kdeaccessibility, that let's the user by clicking a single
> button (or using checkboxes) switch to 'visually impaired' versions of both
> colours, icons, plasma themes, emoticons, games artwork &c., without having
> to hunt through various settings in System Settings and configuration
> dialogues in individual apps.

Afaik, you can do all accessibility stuff in whatever the successor of
kcontrol is called.
My scheme would integrate nicely, unless someone changed the
game theme for a specific user in which case you _have_ to heed
the user's choice.

> I'm crossposting this to the KDE accessibility list, to see what
> they think.

That I am awesome. Would anyone ever think anything else? ;)

Richard

PS: Too much work & too much coffee make Richard a funny
(for some value of funny) boy ;)