[Kde-accessibility] [Accessibility] a11y / D-Bus / lifecycle ...

Bill Haneman gnome at billhaneman.ie
Tue Dec 18 18:43:20 CET 2007

Michael Meeks wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-12-18 at 15:55 +0800, Li Yuan wrote:
>
>>>         Quite - me neither ;-) OTOH, it's a hard issue to fix: and
>>> precedent-wise, MSAA, IAcc2, UIA, UNO a11y and atk use reference
>>> counting :-)
>>>
>> Not sure if I understand this correctly. You are talking about the
>> possibility for object lifecycle management in D-Bus, right? Then could
>> we implement the Bonobo_Unknown interface in at-spi to handle the
>> lifecycle problem?
>>

> 	Yes; easily - but explicit lifecycle management is a total nightmare
> for performance, efficiency, etc.

Hi Li, Michael; :-)

I agree with Michael here, if we can figure out a way to get rid of the
cross-process lifecycle management (maybe client-side stubs that 'die'
gracefully, or something similar?) then it would be a good thing.
Perhaps the current changes are the right time to introduce such a
change, since other behavioral things would be sure to change too.

Bill