[Kde-accessibility] [Accessibility-atspi] D-Bus AT-SPI - The way forward

Olaf Schmidt ojschmidt at kde.org
Sun Dec 9 14:44:04 CET 2007

[ George Kraft, Do., 6. Dez. 2007 ]
> > D-Bus case all connections made are using local unix sockets.
>
> How will a D-Bus version of AT-SPI handle sudo (local non $USER owned
> applications displaying to $DISPLAY) and remote applications ($USER and
> non $USER owned applications displaying to $DISPLAY) work?

We discussed these cases in detail at the KDE conference last year with Bill
Haneman and Harald Fernengel.

We quickly found that it is possible to simply reuse the existing
authentification methods used by CORBA. I am not personally familiar with the
implementation details of CORBA, but I know that a summary of out discussion
result is availiable in the OpenA11y wiki and mailing list archive. I look
this up tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

David from Red Had later suggested ssh-forwarding as an alternative option.

Olaf