[Kde-accessibility] Qt4 Port [Was: OpenOffice.org and KDE4 Accessiibilty]

Éric Bischoff ebischoff at nerim.net
Wed Sep 6 23:13:01 CEST 2006

Le Mercredi 6 Septembre 2006 23:09, Olaf Jan Schmidt a écrit :
> Hi Éric!
>
> The kdelibs4 code is currently extremely unstable and subject to changes in
> the future.

OK.

> You can expect the OS X version to be even less stable.

OpenOffice.org on Mac OS X exists in 3 versions : X11, Java (not OOo but
NeoOffice, in fact), and Carbon (in development), None of them uses Qt AFAIK.

Same under Windows. No Qt involved.

Qt and KDE in the Unix/Linux version play a role for settings, style, icons,
some widgets like the file picker...

> How big are the KDE dependencies of the Qt VCL?

That's something I would really like to know :-(. Kendy will probably give the
answer as soon as he catches in.

> Many KDE widgets will be
> replaced with Qt widgets in KDE4, so maybe you can avoid using kdelibs for
> now and only use Qt4 for the beginning of your port?

That's something I have in head, yes. And yes it depends heavily on the
quantity of KDE involved.

--
La monoculture informatique fragilise le système d'information, elle est aussi
toxique pour les données de l'entreprise. (Guy Brand)