[Kde-accessibility] OpenOffice and KDE4 Accessiibilty [was: Orca/KDE Integration]

Olaf Jan Schmidt ojschmidt at kde.org
Wed Sep 6 23:16:25 CEST 2006

Hi Éric!

Yes, using Gtk instead of Qt for accessibility would only be  ashort-term
solution. As a KDE developer, I totally agree.

But Bill's suggestion to keep using atk (and glib) makes sense. I am not sure
whether you would need Java in that case - that depends very much on the
OpenOffice internals.

Anyway, it is not totally clear yet how exactly the accessibility framework
will look like in KDE4. KDE, GNOME, Trolltech and other players are currently
in a very intensive discussion about this. It is therefore way too early to
say what the best approach for OpenOffice will be. But we will keep you
informed.

Olaf

--
Olaf Jan Schmidt, KDE Accessibility co-maintainer, open standards
accessibility networker, Protestant theology student and webmaster of