[Kde-accessibility] OpenOffice and KDE4 Accessiibilty [was: Orca/KDE Integration]

Oliver Braun Oliver.Braun at Sun.COM
Fri Sep 1 13:05:43 CEST 2006

Hi Éric et al.,

Éric Bischoff wrote:
[..]
> Le Vendredi 1 Septembre 2006 11:36, Olaf Jan Schmidt a écrit :
>
>> One important aspect of it is the setting that changes the
>> icon colour, so that you can convert them to e.g. Light Yellow on Dark Blue
>> for a dark background colour theme.
>>
>> Of course document colours are excluded from this, but it would be very
>> helpful for partially sighted people to be able to force a black or dark
>> blue background and a light foreground colour for editing the document. Or
>> is there already an option for this in OpenOffice?
>>

> I don't know. Oliver?

Yes, there is (Tools - Options - OpenOffice.org - Apperance for those
who want to try). The default is "Automatic", which means "take this
setting from the desktop".

>> Anyway, it seems all the AT-SPI activation issues are easily solvable with
>> a bit of good will from all sides, so they do not need to influence the
>> decision on the general approach of accessibility with KDE4 too much.
>>

> I don't know what AT-STI is. Anyway...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT-SPI ;-)

Cheers,
Oliver