[Kde-accessibility] Thanks :)

Sami Liedes sliedes at cc.hut.fi
Fri Nov 24 05:02:36 CET 2006

[Please Cc: me when replying, as I'm not on the list.]

Hi!

I wanted to say a big thanks to the folks who work to make KDE
accessible. Having recently been in an accident that disabled my
primary hand for some 1,5 months, I was delighted to see how good KDE
accessibility is. Sticky keys is of course basic stuff, but it makes
certain things a lot easier for me. Above all I was delighted that my
browser of choice when I'm healthy, Konqueror, implements what I
consider superior accessibility features.

In Konqueror, at least the access keys are really nice, and Firefox
(which I use for a very few sites that do not work well under
Konqueror) for example doesn't seem to have those.

There are still some things that I haven't figured out how to use with
keyboard, like KOrganizer. Maybe I should start to file bugs against
them (I already have filed a number of accessibility-related bugs
against Konqueror). But mostly I can just go on using my computer with
one hand almost as easily as before.

So thank you :)

	Sami