[Kde-accessibility] Position of scroll bars

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 10:27:31 CET 2006

On Saturday 11 November 2006 11:09, Daniel Ehn wrote:

> > > The mouse pointer should change it's shape too, from "coming in from
> > > the right" to "coming in from the left"?

I forgot: You can find left handed themes on kde-look.

At least this cursor theme has a left-handed version.

http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=6240

It still has at least a "bug", though: the hot-spot for the "waiting" cursor
is wrong.

> > I think it is possible by writing a custom style, at least for standard
> > widgets like scrollviews. If I remember correctly, there was a
> > "NextStep" like style that had the bar on the left. and, oh, maybe in
> > right-to-left locales the bar is on the left, but that is probably a
> > bit too extreme, even for us lefties.
> >
> > Luciano
>
> You're right: styles. Right-to-left locales... no, definitely not an
> option. But that sound strange if this depend on from which direction
> you're reading, it has nothing to do with it. Anyway, why not having this
> as a standard option for styles like the buttons for window decorations?

Personally, I'd like to have the option, too, along with a way to chose the
arrows position in the scrollbars (My preference is to have two arrows,
grouped in a corner).

Probably people are concerned of adding more options, and I can't really
blame them: one more option is easy to add, but very hard to remove in case
of need (people will complain).

Ciao,
Luciano