[Kde-accessibility] Position of scroll bars

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Sat Nov 11 00:32:56 CET 2006

On Friday 10 November 2006 21:31, Daniel Ehn wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is it possible to change the general position of all scroll bars from the
> right hand side to the left hand side? It would feel more natrual this way
> if you're using a left handed mouse. Also it's quite important to be able
> to do this if you're using some sort of touch screen.
>
> The mouse pointer should change it's shape too, from "coming in from the
> right" to "coming in from the left"?

I think it is possible by writing a custom style, at least for standard
widgets like scrollviews. If I remember correctly, there was a "NextStep"
like style that had the bar on the left. and, oh, maybe in right-to-left
locales the bar is on the left, but that is probably a bit too extreme, even
for us lefties.

Luciano

--
Luciano Montanaro //