[Kde-accessibility] Information about screen reader

Gary Cramblitt garycramblitt at comcast.net
Sun May 7 20:57:44 CEST 2006

On Saturday 06 May 2006 10:46, Sauro Cesaretti wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm an italian student and I'd like to know what is the situation of the
> screen reader under kde desktop. I know that in the next version of the kde
> desktop, version 4 there will be one screen reader integreated with that
> desktop, is it true? will it work with braille displays?
> anyway Can I contribute at this development?
> How can I do that?
> Best regards.
> Sauro Cesaretti

There is no screen reader for KDE at the moment.  There is a plan to make that
possible under KDE 4, using existing screen readers.  Details have not yet
been worked out.  Recommend you go to lists.kde.org and browse this mailing
list for background.

If you would like to work on actual screen reader, recommend getting involved
in the Orca project.

http://www.gnome.org/projects/orca/

--
Gary Cramblitt (aka PhantomsDad)