[Kde-accessibility] Common AT config panel

Hynek Hanke hanke at brailcom.org
Sun Apr 23 21:36:57 CEST 2006

Gary Cramblitt píše v Ne 23. 04. 2006 v 14:52 -0400:
> Once KTTS migrates to using Speech Dispatcher as its backend, I envision a
> single GUI for configuring it and Speech Dispatcher, since they will be
> closely related.  I'm thinking therefore, that instead of two icons "KTTS"
> and "Speech Dispatcher", there should be a single icon "TTS".

Hello,

I like the original idea better. KTTS and Speech Dispatcher will be
closely related, and I like the idea of having a common configuration
method for them, as was the original proposal, but on the other side,
KTTS, Speech Dispatcher (and TTS API) will be different things even in
the future, even if they are run in a chain. They should have separate
entries inside the common configuration tool.

It is important not to mix them. The user must always know which
components on the system does a given option belong to.

> OTOH, what if the system has multiple TTS interfaces, say GNOME Speech
> and KTTS/Speech Dispatcher, or SpeakUP and Speech Dispatcher?

I'd add entries for Gnome Speech and SpeakUP then.

With regards,
Hynek Hanke
Brailcom