[Kde-accessibility] IBM TTS SDK now BSD licensed

Gary Cramblitt garycramblitt at comcast.net
Sat Apr 1 02:49:28 CEST 2006

On Monday 27 March 2006 14:08, George Kraft wrote:
> This past January 10th, 2006 I had announced the availability of the IBM
> TTS SDK; however, there were some concerns regarding it using the Common
> Public License (CPL).
>
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-accessibility-list/2006-January/msg000
>15.html
>
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-accessibility&r=1&b=200601&w=2
>
> FYI, with IBM approval, I have changed the license on this software from
> CPL to BSD.  This should now be compatible with existing Gnome and KDE
> policies.
>
> http://ibmtts-sdk.sourceforge.net/
>
> Thanks for your feedback.
>
> PS: This SDK does not include the runtime.
>
> George (gk4)

This is great news George!  I intend to develop an output module for Speech
Dispatcher.

I downloaded the sdk using the following commands:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/ibmtts-sdk login

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/ibmtts-sdk co
-P sdk

While the license has changed in the code, the included LICENSE file is still
Common Public License.

--
Gary Cramblitt (aka PhantomsDad)
KDE Text-to-Speech Maintainer