[Kde-accessibility] KoSpeaker

Peter Korn Peter.Korn at Sun.COM
Sun Nov 27 08:55:38 CET 2005

Hi Gary,

Glad to see this functionality coming into KOffice.  Instead of removing it in
KDE 4, please instead consider how it might be extended/changed for various
learning disabilities, such as dyslexia.  Products like TextHelp for Windows
add in reading functionality in MS-Office, with additional features like
highlighting words as spoken.  This is useful functionality, and something of
interest even in a world with good AT-SPI functionality.

Regards,

Peter Korn
Accessibility Architect,
Sun Microsystems, Inc.