[Kde-accessibility] FYI: Public release of UltraSonix (Mercator) source code

Bill Haneman Bill.Haneman at Sun.COM
Mon Nov 14 15:51:42 CET 2005

Hi David

>but  also may be possable to adapt it to use at-spi or qt4

I am not sure this is feasible, from what I know of the project.  As you
said it really only works with CDE and Xt widgets.

The basic idea was to leverage the X server protocols as information
conduits about widget hierarchy, state, and contents.  My understanding
is that one of the reasons the project didn't go further is that most
applications have moved away from Xt and from using X text calls for
posting text onscreen, thus undermining one of the project's core
requirements.

Bill