[Kde-accessibility] Italian text-to-speech

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Fri Mar 18 10:26:52 CET 2005

Hello everybody, I just downloaded the KDE3.4 rpms for SuSE, and I've found
the kmouth / ktts programs advertise they can speak italian.

However, after a bit of toying with kmouth, that does not seem to be the
case.

Is there some problem with my configuration, or is the italian translation
just a stub?

I remember I managed to tweak the Amiga narrator device to do a decent job
with italian (the narrator still had an american accent, but most words
would be pronounced correctly).

So I could help developing italian speaker rules, if someone can point me to
the documents and files needed.

Maybe the spanish speaker could be a better starting point.

Luciano

--
Luciano Montanaro       //
                    \\ //