[Kde-accessibility] KTTS News

Gary Cramblitt garycramblitt at comcast.net
Wed Jan 26 12:26:58 CET 2005

On Wednesday 26 January 2005 03:50 am, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
> Dnia wtorek, 25 stycznia 2005 00:59, Gary Cramblitt napisał:
> > There should be many useful things you can do with these filters.  If
> > you come up with word lists or xslt files of your own and think they
> > ought to be distributed with KTTS, please email them to me.  (You can
> > save word lists in the String Replacer filter configuration dialog by
> > clicking the Save button.)
>
> Doesn't work for me :(
>
> Added to english string replacer 'Word' BTW 'by the way' and voice still
> reads it as 'bee tee dabl:u'.
>
> 'Polish replacements' also doesn't work.

Gawd that is depressing!  Given that you were one of the people I had in mind
when implementing filters...  Excuse me while I go kill myself..

> Any help how to debug this? Is this only my problem?

On the theory that $HOME is not defined the same for kttsd as for kttsmgr,
I've made a change to the String Replacer filter.  cvs up and try again.
Make some small change to your String Replacer configuration and change it
back so you can click OK and Apply.

If it still doesn't work, please send me your ~/.kde/share/config/kttsdrc
file.  Also send me ~/.kde/share/apps/kttsd/stringreplacer/Filter_* files.

Thanks.

--
Gary Cramblitt (aka PhantomsDad)
KDE Text-to-Speech Maintainer