[Kde-accessibility] dcop kttsd kspeech sayMessage mess talker

Gary Cramblitt garycramblitt at comcast.net
Sat Jan 1 20:16:40 CET 2005

On Saturday 01 January 2005 11:07 am, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
> I have two talkers defined in kttsmgr:
> Id  Lang
> 1   English
> 2   Polish (default)
>
> How with dcop -
> dcop kttsd kspeech sayMessage 'message' talker
>
> use chosen one? Currently dcop uses always default talker.

dcop kttsd kspeech sayMessage "Hello World" 'lang="en"'

or

dcop kttsd kspeech sayMessage "Hello World" "en"

Note: This does not work

dcop kttsd kspeech sayMessage "Hello World" "lang=en"

as it is not propertly formed xml.  (attributes must be quoted)

For complete discussion on using talker codes, see
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/cvs-api/interfaces/html/classkspeech.html

Scroll down to section "Talkers, Talker Codes, and Plugins".
--
Gary Cramblitt (aka PhantomsDad)
KDE Text-to-Speech Maintainer