[Kde-accessibility] [MA ODF Accessibility Team] Report from a11y meeting 29 Nov

Jaroslaw Staniek js at iidea.pl
Wed Dec 7 10:27:16 CET 2005

Boudewijn Rempt said the following, On 2005-12-07 10:05:
> On Tue, 6 Dec 2005, Gary Cramblitt wrote:
>

>>1.  What capabilities are needed in X.org in order to implement a11y
>>in KDE?  (I know almost nothing about X.org, but I think this means
>>composite and transparency?)  What specific problems exist and are they
>>fixable by Jan 2007?  Leon is on the board of X.org, so he can help to
>>make things happen.
>>2.  What platforms does KOffice run under?  Sun/Solaris?  BSD?
>>All Linux distros?  If not, which ones?
>

> All Unix-based platforms with an X11 implementation -- i.e, it even runs, using X11 and fink,
> on OS X, and some versions appear to run on Windows using cygwin, but I've never seen that
> myself. Jaroslaw would know, I would guess.

KOffice runs on Windows under Cygwin as many KDE apps along with the desktop
but it's not area of my interest at all. There was my test NATIVE
alpha-quality compilation of KOffice pre-1.4 for win32 but was dropped because
the lack of active interest. Depending on the interest, the topic will be back
for KOffice 2.0.

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska