[Kde-accessibility] Re: Is it the time for "KSpeach"?

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Wed Sep 15 16:14:08 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 15 of September 2004 14:24, Olaf Jan Schmidt wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > Selon Antonio Larrosa Jiménez <larrosa at kde.org>:
> > > Not into KHotkeys, but into kdelirc, which would simulate remote
> > > control events with voice commands, and allows to send arbitrary DCOP
> > > signals to any application.
>
> Both KHotkeys and kdelirc can send DCOP messages. I don't know the
> technical differences, though.

 Technical differences are that KHotKeys can bind any implemented trigger, be
it a shortcut or whatever you add, to any implemented action, be it a DCOP
call or whatever you add. It has also crappy GUI everybody likes to complain
about but nobody likes to fix.

> [Franck Quélain, Mittwoch, 15. September 2004 14:46]
>
> > In kdelirc, lirc means "linux infrared remote control" so it will be
> > renamed :)
>
> Maybe it would be even better to have a third application for it to deal
> with text dictation etc. It could share code with khotkeys and kdelirc,
> of course.

 Don't we already have enough apps that can trigger DCOP calls somehow?

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.  e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org