[Kde-accessibility] kmag

Bill Haneman Bill.Haneman at Sun.COM
Fri Mar 26 13:05:58 CET 2004

Hello Dr Frick (Bjorn):

You might check for the presence of the "magnifier" binary from
"gnome-mag" in your distribution.  If it's present, it should work in
mouse-tracking mode with your KDE applications.

I suggest

magnifier -v -m -z10

for 10 times magnification.  If you have access to a second display,
you can use fullscreen magnification (please email me for details
on how to do this, if it's unclear from the output of "magnfier --usage").

If you have GNOME installed you could try gnopernicus in magnifier mode,
using mouse tracking, which gives a more full-featured magnifier.  The
'magnifier' binary I refer to above is just a convenient standalone
utility which may be helpful to you.  I am not sure whether KMag
supports mouse-follow mode at this time, but if it does, it may offer a
similar degree of utility.

best regards,

Bill

Gunnar Schmi Dt wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Thursday 25 March 2004 23:38, Olaf Jan Schmidt wrote:
>
>>[Dr. Björn Frick, Do 25.03. 2004 20:43:20]
>>

>>>I have now a Mandrake 10.0 distribution with KDE 3.2 I am unable to
>>>locate kmag which I read would be part of KDE 3.2 deliveries.
>>
>>It seems Mandrake is shipping an incomplete KDE 3.2 in 10.0.
>>[...]
>>I have also tried to find kdeaccessibility packages for Mandrake 10.0
>>for download. Mandrake doesn't seem to provide them, so I unfortunatley
>>I can only advise you to switch to another distribution if you need
>>accessibility related software.
>>

> Well, I think switching to another distribution seems to be a large step
> for me, you could at least try to compile the kdeaccessibility tarball
> yourself. The kdeaccessibility package is only a small package, and the
> devel packages (arts-devel, kdelibs3-devel etc.) required for compiling
> should be part of Mandrake.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Gunnar Schmi Dt

------