[Kde-accessibility] Mouse acceleration vs movement 'speed'

Kingsley Haldane Bugarin OAM biggles at iinet.net.au
Tue Jun 29 16:44:03 CEST 2004

G'day all

I have used both Windows and Linux and the only thing I miss from the
Microsoft product is the flexibility in controlling pointer movement.
Windows offers the choice of acceleration and/or movement 'speed' or the
ratio of mouse movement distance to pointer distance.  In windows I
always set acceleration to zero and 'speed' to a high value.

With my sight I rely on being able to predict where the cursor is going
to be when I stop moving the mouse and I frequently have trouble finding
even large cursors on the screen if there is a lot of clutter from open
windows.  Acceleration often makes the prediction of cursor position
difficult due to the non-linear rate of motion.

Any chance the pointer options can be enhanced to allow the same
flexibility windows offers in this regard?  A better selection of
pointer sizes (rather than just large {which isn't very} or small) would
be good too.

Regards
Kingsley

--