[Kde-accessibility] KTTSD does not speak, no way to debug

Robert Vogl voglrobe at web.de
Wed Jul 28 20:18:50 CEST 2004

Hi KDE Accessibility Members,

today I was compiling ktts out of the kdenonbeta package from 07/27. It has
been compiled fine, but the system remains dumb.

I configured it for use of "Hadifax" (AFAIK a typo here, correct is "Hadifix")
and the "Test" function of the kttsmgr-properties tab performes well. My
sentence to speak is listed in the Job View. Unfortunately I cannot find any
debugging output, so I cannot provide you with any deeper information. If I
could I would.

Since the system is still under heavy development and I assume developers are
interested in more detailed error-reports than I can deliver today, I would
like to make the proposal to integrate logging functionality. At least the
ktts-Daemon should write logs into a file due to its habit detaching from the
terminal.

Greetings,

--
Robert Vogl