[Kde-accessibility] Re: [Kde-conference-noc] Re: [kde-promo] Draft for press release

Joerg Hoh joerg at devone.org
Wed Jul 21 14:27:07 CEST 2004

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 02:02:55PM +0200, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:

> I'm asking the noc-team (some of whom have been at Filmakademie
> the last days):
>
>   Which rooms are *not* accessible for wheelchairs? (IIRC there
>   is now elevator in the building).
>
>   Which rooms are accessible? (IIRC *only* the "gallery" is without
>   stepping and stair problems. Am I right? I am not sure about the
>   cinema).

I don't know exactly if the Metropol building (where the tutorials are
held) has an elevator. The main building has an elevator, so the gallery
(which is on the first floor) and the other smaller rooms are reachable
without problems. Also there are no stairs to get into the building.

> Otherwise we need to make sure that there is appropriate help
> organized to overcome steppings and stairs.

I don't know exactly how you can reach the audience room of the Kino
building (it's a small cinema). But I think if there are a few steps to get
into the audience room we can find a way to help handicaped people to get
into it.

Joerg

--
Fachbegriffe der Informatik (Nr 288): Regular
- Ein Nutzer ist ein Regular, wenn er von den Regulars als Regular angesehen