[Kde-accessibility] The development of KSayIt

Robert Vogl voglrobe at web.de
Thu Dec 23 19:44:01 CET 2004

Hi there,

since KSayIt is in the KDE-CVS, working on it is everything but fun.

Reasons:
I use KDevelop for development. And I'm not willing to change over to vim.
Today I got a Makefile.am that is useless for me, since KDevelop cannot
compile and maintain the project with it. Even in a xterm nothing works,
starting from 'make -f Makefile.cvs' until compilation and installation. We
can say: Each 'cvs update' desintegrates my local build system. This is not
acceptable.

Because it costs me too much time and nerves to deal with that b....... of
buildsystem my intent is as follows:

From now on I will not maintain ANY of the files that are dealing with the
build-system of KDE-CVS. In particular I will not deliver ANY Makefile.am(s)
configure.in.in or whatever autoconf requires. How to build up a working
KSayIt from a bunch of files is herewith completely out of my scope. We still
have to solve one issue: How can I prevent 'cvs update' to overwrite my local
Makefile.am(s)?

Thanks,

--
Robert Vogl