[Kde-accessibility] ktts - literature

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Wed Dec 22 21:24:51 CET 2004

Hello,

KTTS is very fine thing, thanks to all developers.

Of course needs some polishing, as anything :)

1.
I am using Festival plugin and tried to put one of books
from Baen through ktts.

I don't know where exactly lies problem - KTTS or Festival but
there is problem with properly cutting in sentences.

Try this fragment:
(first sentences of 'Diplomatic Immunity' by Lois McMaster Bujold)

"Once more, dear boy, into the breach - for England, Harry, and Saint
George!" Miles murmured encouragingly. "Or at least, for Barrayar, me,
and maybe Grandfather Piotr. Ha!" With a last twitch, the sperm vanished
within its destined paradise.  "Miles, are you looking at those baby
pictures again?" came Ekaterin's voice, amused, as she emerged from
their cabin's sybaritic bathroom. She finished winding up her dark hair
on the back of her head, secured it, and leaned over his shoulder as he
sat in the station chair. "Is that Aral Alexander, or Helen Natalia?"
"Well, Aral Alexander in the making."
"Ah, admiring your sperm again. I see."

Note lack of pauses in:
Ha!" With
again?" came
Natalia?" "Well
making." "Ah

There is problem with proper treating of " and interpunction signs.
This can be quickly solved by removing " when piping text into Festival.
This is rather hack than real solution but it works, try this:

Once more, dear boy, into the breach - for England, Harry, and Saint
George!  Miles murmured encouragingly.  Or at least, for Barrayar, me,
and maybe Grandfather Piotr. Ha!  With a last twitch, the sperm
vanished within its destined paradise.  Miles, are you looking at those
baby pictures again?  came Ekaterin's voice, amused, as she emerged
from their cabin's sybaritic bathroom. She finished winding up her dark
hair on the back of her head, secured it, and leaned over his shoulder
as he sat in the station chair.  Is that Aral Alexander, or Helen
Natalia?
Well, Aral Alexander in the making.
Ah, admiring your sperm again. I see.

2.
How to add new language support to KTTS?
There is a bit tricky way (manipulation of Welsh) to interpret Polish
texts in Festival and I'd like to try to add it.

m.

Vim Universal Templates
CLEWN - http://clewn.sf.net