[Kde-accessibility] Dependency between kdeaccessibility and kdemultimedia?

Olaf Schmidt ojschmidt at kde.org
Fri Dec 17 19:54:31 CET 2004

[Gary Cramblitt, Freitag, 17. Dezember 2004 19:28]
> KTTSD has a dependency on gstreamer, which we put into a separate
> package (kttsd-gstreamer).  Maybe we should combine this with ksayit FX
> plugin and distribute kdeaccessibility-extras?

The problem is that we don't know how the packegers will split up the
kdeaccessibility tarballs we provide. And having a dependency on
kdemultimedia changes the build order, even if the packagers decide to
split the kdemultimedia dependent part into an extra package.

The cleanest solution would be to have both plug-ins somewhere else in
CVS, for example kdeextragear.

For KDE 4.0, the point will probably be moot again because we should be
able to use a multimedia lib from kdelibs for everything.

Olaf
--
KDE Accessibility Project