[Kde-accessibility] RFC: Viki seems to be working.

Shaheed srhaque at iee.org
Sat Nov 22 23:52:25 CET 2003

Hi all,

I just committed changes to kdenonbeta/viki so that it now seems to basically
work. I'd be interested in feedback particularly from translation writers and
accessibility folks in any required tweaks or enhancements.

Specific questions I have are:

- Should there be a tighter integration with the kxkb switcher (e.g. have a
switcher directly on the keyboard, or, post 3.2 somehow make viki part of
kxkb?)

- Any suggestions for XIM integration? I'm not an XIM user, but I suspect
something along these lines might be nice.

- Any suggestions for A/V feedback?

Thanks, Shaheed

P.S. There are still some minor visual issues:

- SHIFT works, though CAPS LOCK and NUM LOCK don't (they do produce the right
input, but the keycaps do not change)

- I should find some better visual representations of some keys (e.g. arrows
for cursor keys)