[Kde-accessibility] Bug report and feature request

Bill Haneman bill.haneman at sun.com
Sun May 11 22:43:30 CEST 2003

Hi Gunnar/all:

You make a very good point.  In general any hard-coding of timings or
delays is considered an accessibility problem.  Either such timeouts
should be avoided, or if they are important for features, the delay
should be configurable.  We've tried to address this problem in GNOME
and avoid unconfigurable timings but we may have missed a couple.  Also,
it's important to have keyboard equivalents for all mouse-based features
anyway, so in some cases you can do without the timeouts in the keyboard
navigation means of invoking the feature.

- Bill