[Kde-accessibility] isVisible() bug?

Sarang Lakare sarang@users.sourceforge.net
Sun, 09 Mar 2003 13:20:00 -0500

In KMag, I use isVisible() on a widget to check if kmag is visible .. if its
not, then I don't grab and update the zoom view. This saves CPU when the user
moves to another desktop or when she minimizes it.

Under KDE 3.1/Qt3.1, this does not work anymore! isVisible() returns false
even when the user goes to another virtual desktop or when the kmag window is
minimized. Under KDE 2 and KDE 3.0.x, isVisible() would return false when
minimized or when the user is on another virtual desktop.

Can anyone point out what I am doing wrong?

I have also tried isHidden() and isMinimized(), but none of them work.

Thanks
Sarang

Sarang Lakare
mailto:sarang@users#sourceforge.net
web:http://www.cs.sunysb.edu/~lsarang/linux
!!Join the fight for freedom - Go GNU/Linux!!