[Kde-accessibility] Re: glib dependancy in KDE3.x

Bill Haneman bill.haneman@sun.com
06 Mar 2003 17:54:31 +0000

On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 17:39, Olaf Jan Schmidt wrote:

> We are discussing about a bridge between AT-SPI and Qt that will depend on
> both ATK and Qt. This bridge will have no dependency of glib, only of
> ATK,

ATK depends on glib, so anything that has an ATK dependency will pull in
glib (of course).

> and it need not be part of KDE itself - especially since it is
> planned as a ATK-Qt bridge rather than a KDE glib dependency.

I would think this is a KDE-ATK bridge.  You are of course correct in
saying that in a properly-constructed bridge architecture, only the
bridge has dependencies on both ends; the components on either side will
be fully insulated from those dependencies.

As for coding, despite a few ingrained habits of both GNOME and KDE
cultures, I think that some architectural decisions should be made
before rather than after coding ;-)

best regards,

- Bill

--