[Kde-accessibility] Re: Documentation about ATK and AT-SPI

Michael Meeks michael at ximian.com
Fri Jun 27 11:48:55 CEST 2003

Hi Bill,

On Thu, 2003-06-26 at 13:03, Bill Haneman wrote:
> By the way, before anybody panics :-) let me repeat that I think the
> list of libraries included by atk-bridge (from libtool) was way
> excessive.
> I am looking at the dependency issue and hope to have a revised list of
> minimum atk-bridge runtime libraries in a day or so.

	The fact that at-spi depends on gtk+ and gail is really for convenience
- it stops people getting a system with a fully abstract non-implemented
A11y system :-)

	Of course - at-spi doesn't really depend on the gnome implementation of
a11y, nor Gtk+ - only on glib / atk / ORBit2 / libbonobo - which looked
at together are fairly light [IMHO].

	HTH.

		Michael.

--