[Kde-accessibility] On Qt accessibility and a on-screenkeyboard. (Klavi[atura])

Peter Korn peter.korn at sun.com
Mon Jul 7 22:46:49 CEST 2003

Hi Maks,

> > then thought that full interoperability with GNOME would be of larger
> > benefit for us, since there are already very good assistive technologies
> > for which it would be great to have them compatible with KDE.
>
> Are there any more other than GOK and Gnopernicus? BTW, I have not been
> able to get anything but the vanilla input mode in GOK to work; which is
> not very impressive since just sending keystrokes doesn't require an
> accessibility infrastructure.

The lastest versions of Dasher (http://www.inference.phy.cam.ac.uk/dasher/)
also supports the AT-SPI.  You should make sure that GNOME Accessibility is
turned on (see the attached script).  If at-poke doesn't give you a list of
apps you can "poke" at, then it's not turned on (you need to restart GNOME
after running the attached script: `gnome-accessibility on`).  Then you should
have a number of different and interesting options available to you.

Regards,

Peter Korn
Sun Accessibility team