[Kde-accessibility] kmousetool idea

Jeff Roush jeff@mousetool.com
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 11:31:28 -0800

Hi Sarang,

On Thursday 23 January 2003 03:41 pm, Sarang Lakare wrote:
> Another issue : KMouseTool starts working as soon as I start the
> application. It took me some time before I realized what was happenning!

Thanks for catching that.  I've changed it so the first time you start
KMouseTool, it is disabled; you now have to manually press the start button
to get it running.  I should also pop up a dialog box the first time it runs
to warn the user that they're about to enter the weird twilight zone of The
Mouse That Clicks ...

The default-to-off that I just added only applies the _first_ time the program
starts.  When you close the program, it saves its state; so, if it is running
when you close it, it will be running when it starts again.

> Maybe you could add --start command line option to start the effect as soon
> as the application starts. In other instances it should probably start
> affecting the mouse behavior only after the user presses start for the
> first time.

I could do that.  I personally like having the program just restore its
previous state, whatever that was.