[Kde-accessibility] Feature request for kttsd

Gunnar Schmi Dt gunnar@schmi-dt.de
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 16:03:17 +0100

Hello Pupeno,

As KMouth gets closer to a version that might have support for kttsd, I w=
ant=20
do make sure that we decide on some functions that are needed by KMouth (=
I am=20
talking about the current version of KMouth, not about future versions, w=
hich=20
will have other needs).

KMouth will need:
1) a possibility to detect whether kttsd is installed
2) a possibility to detect whether kttsd is configured (maybe check wheth=
er=20
the (planned) function languages() returns some languages)
3) a function to speak a message in the default language (maybe sayMsg(te=
xt,=20
lang, priority) with the first language of languages())

All these points should be met with the current plan for the DCOP functio=
ns,=20
but I want to make sure that we do not change the interfaces of these=20
functions once KMouth starts using them.

Also we need to define standard priorities.

Gunnar Schmi Dt