[Kde-accessibility] Starting to maintain kdeaccessibility

Gunnar Schmi Dt gunnar@schmi-dt.de
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 13:48:31 +0100

Hello Pupeno,

> Hello Gunnar, so, we two are the maintainers ? did you do something the=
re ?

I did not yet do anything as I was busy during the last few days.

> I see that there's an admin directory, I think it should be there, a li=
nk
> to ../kde-common/admin like other packages need should be instead, of
> course, that leaves nothing in kdeaccessibility, if I have time, I'm go=
ing
> to update a general infrastructure so some applications can be added, o=
k ?

As far as I see it (through a look into webcvs.kde.org), the admin direct=
ory=20
is not part of the kdeaccessibility module but part of the kde-common mod=
ule,=20
but gets automatically checked out. So, the kdeaccessibility module is re=
ally=20
empty.

If you want, you can prepare the infrastructure (we would need the files=20
=2Ecvsignore, COPYING, INSTALL, Makefile.am.in, Makefile.cvs, README,=20
configure.in.in, kdeaccessibility.lsm).

If we want to prepare the first release of kdeaccessibility for both KDE =
3.0=20
and KDE 3.1, we need a sollution for the makefiles (As far as I have hear=
d,=20
the head versions do only work for KDE >=3D 3.1).

As for KMouth:
I was busy the last days, so I did not do enough for KMouth. My newest pl=
an is=20
to produce a version 1.0beta3 in about a week and a release candidate abo=
ut=20
four weeks later. If there are not much changes left, I will publish the=20
final version one week later. At that time we can also release the first=20
version of the kdeaccessibility module. I hope that I do not need to chan=
ge=20
i18n-strings after the 1.0beta3 version and the phrase books after the=20
release candidate. (Is that enough time for the translators?)

For me it is ok to put KMag and KMouseTool into kdeaccessibility. If you =
do=20
not have objections against that, Sarang Lakare and Jeff Roush can move t=
hese=20
applications into the module.

I think it would be good to have some basic rules for maintaining. My pro=
posal=20
is the following:
1) If we are both there, it is ok if one of us decides and the other one =
does=20
not disagree within a certain time (for example one week?)
2) If one of us is absent the other one makes the decisions.
3) Absense needs to be anounced for example by a mail to the other one.

Are these rules ok?

Gunnar Schmi Dt