[Kde-accessibility] Requirements for the new kde.org website

Jason Bainbridge JaseOne@myrealbox.com
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 08:54:23 +0800

Firstly apologies for the cross posting but I wanted to get the attention o=
f all potential stakeholders, so if I have missed any important groups pl=
ease forward this on or alternatively if you have gotten this mail and ar=
en't interested in the re-design of kde.org please ignore it.

As many of you are already aware there have been several prototypes floatin=
g about for a new design of the kde.org website, the main ones of which a=
re listed below:

http://kde.org/testing/

http://www.kde.org/testing/modified-2/index.html

http://usability.kde.org/newdesign/

It is becoming more and more apparent however that none of these designs co=
me close to meeting everyone's requirements as the discussions on how the=
y should be modified seem neverending.

I am hence proposing that a proper Requirements Specification be drafted so=
 a design can then be implemented that best meets everyone's needs and wa=
nts. Some may see this as an unecessary delay holding back implementing a=
 new design but I think it is a step backwards that will ultimately reap =
many benefits.

To complete this document I will be trawling through all of the previous po=
sts and I also ask that if anyone has any input that they would like to a=
dd that they reply to this email to the kde-www list (please don't reply =
to whichever list you receive this from as I don't wish to pollute the ot=
her lists, if you are interested in following the discussion then you can=
 join kde-www :-)

I will be storing these requirements on http://usability.kde.org/newdesign =
simply as it is a convenient place for me to do so. I am also contemplati=
ng on drafting a survey to better guage the collective needs and wants of=
 all, but will do this once the requirements have been gathered.

Again if you have any thoughts on any of the above please reply to kde-www =
or if you want to reply off list for some reason please email me direct.

Regards,
Jason Bainbridge
(not signed as I'm at work using webmail whilst the boss isn't looking)