[Kde-accessibility] Broken Sticky Keys (Bug 41778)

David Parker david@dkpweb.net
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 18:55:40 -0500

In doing a little research I came across the following info:

http://www.wearable.ethz.ch/projects/research/weararm/linux/x_options.htm=

Command line options of X servers
The X Keyboard Extension adds the following arguments:
-kb                    disable the X Keyboard Extension
+kb                    enable the X Keyboard Extension
[+-]accessx [ timeout [ timeout_mask [ feedback [ options_mask] ] ] ]
                       enable/disable accessx key sequences
-ar1                   set XKB autorepeat delay
-ar2                   set XKB autorepeat interval
-noloadxkb             don't load XKB keymap description
-xkbdb                 file that contains default XKB keymaps
-xkbmap                XKB keyboard description to load on startup

As a workaround until a KDE Applet can be altered to modify the default=20
behaviour, it looks like one can add +accessx to the serverargs parameter=
s in=20
the startx script. I've tried this without success. My default runlevel i=
s 5.=20
Maybe I don't understand correctly how startx is invoked on Mandrake 9.0.=
 If=20
I switch to runlevel 3 and issue startx, I get an error about no xserver=20
available. I don't suppose anyone could shed some light on this?

Thanks,
David