[Kde-accessibility] understanding the whole picture

Volker Hilsheimer vohi@trolltech.com
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 15:50:12 +0100

> I didn't finish reading this e-mail, but I'm on irc with Olaf and
we're trying
> to work as fast as posible.
> I'm reading and starting to understand qaccessible.cpp (nothing fells
as good
> as when you undertand other's source code ;).
>
> On Thursday 28 November 2002 08:43, Volker Hilsheimer wrote:
> > QAccessibleInterface and friends are already a wrapper around
> > QObject/QWidget, and neither QObject nor QWidget know anything about
it.
> But the Q/K Widgets will have to call
QAccessible::updateAccessibility(); like
> in QButton::setText():
> QAccessible::updateAccessibility( this, 0, QAccessible::NameChanged );
> right ?

That's correct. We once had planned to use existing signals for that,
but this is not sufficient (e.g. QButton doesn't have a signal
"textChanged", and such a signal wouldn't make sense), so the widgets
have to do this themselves (just as they have to call setMicroFocusHint
themselves). For the widget developer this is as straightforward as
emitting a signal.

> > ONLY the factory inside QAccessible::queryAccessibleObject() knows
about
> > which factory can create a QAccessibleInterface implementation for
which
> > class. The QAccessibleInterface implementation inside the plugin of
> > course knows everything about the QObject/QWidget.
> Where can I find the plug ins and the factory ? I've already found
where the
> factory is used.

The plugin is the zip-archive I had sent yesterday. The plugin library
needs to be in an "accessible" subdirectory of your plugin search paths
(basically the same as styles, which have to be in a "styles"
subdirectory).

--
Volker