[Kde-accessibility] back to Proklam

Gunnar Schmi Dt gunnar@schmi-dt.de
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 14:21:44 +0100

Hello,

> After a long time of not being able to develop, I'm back on the run.
> I have just commit my last modification (of course, by now) of the Prok=
lam
> kcontrol module (for configuration) working with the new architecture. =
It's
> fully working including some midification to the Festival configuration
> too. Unfortunatly, to fully test it, you'll need festival to compile th=
> festival plug in.

That's good to hear.

> So, feel free to test it and report me whatever you don't like (or like=
).
> Hopefully I'll make a shell plug in that will allow running a shell com=
and
> from Proklam (Gunnar's idea, expressed to me by Olaf) and I was working=
 too
> on a plug in called festivalcs (Festival in the Client/Server mode).
> [...]

Well, would it not make more sense if I would write the shell plug in? I =
have=20
already done similar code within KMouth, so that I could do the=20
implementation by copying some classes and adding the plug-in-specific co=
de.=20
(For understanding how the plug in interface works I have already done th=
at=20
with some earlier version of those classes --- bit I did not publish the=20
results as at that time Proklam was in a state where the configuration wa=
s=20
saved to one place but read from an other.)

As for the Hadifax plug in I did already some implementation for the=20
configuration part, but the part that shall do the actual call to Hadifax=
=20
(and mbrola) is yet missing.

I plan to get a cvs account for KMouth in the next few days. Is it ok if =
I=20
request the permission for putting the (one or two) plug ins into the Pro=
klam=20
cvs directory once they are ready?

Gunnar Schmi Dt