[Kde-accessibility] Maintainer

Iain Murray iain@ece.curtin.edu.au
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 16:07:05 +0800

Hi
No need to take off list unless people do not want to hear about apple
stuff. The we is my school, with me as project leader. We were awarded
a grant to examine porting emacspeak and or speakup to OSX. Looking
more closely at OSX it has become apparent that the task of JAWS like
access (speech) is not as large a problem as first thought, so we will
head that way. Being BSD (sort of) it tends to to fall in with the
linux accesability in some ways. Anything we do will be released under
GPL so it will be open source!

In fact I am typing this on my brand new apple powerbook that they gave
us, just arrived today, and for sighted users it is very nice. (fast).
If you would like any more info on the grant, the application is on the
Apple University Consortium site.
http://auc.uow.edu.au/index2.html